Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Canuckia 4 days and counting

4 days until we go to Canada.

Yay!

In the meantime I have been sorting out a singlespeed bike for Claire to ride.
After all the bits arrived from the really not that helpful UKbikestore.com. I threw it together and made sure the chain didn't slip.

Claire took it for a ride on Sunday afternoon and she loved it! yay, another convert.

Last week and this week I have been riding the bike to and from work.

Once you get into the rhythm of getting all your gear in your bag and not forgetting your shirt, its really rather good fun. I tend to take the quick route into work as I'm normally running late. The quick route takes 20 mins on the Singlespeed with too small a gear ratio on it. I tend to take the scenic route home as its nicer. Plus I get to say hello to the woolly mammoth in Watermead park and try and run over a couple of canada geese.

I am using a Crumpler Fux Deluxe Courier bag to carry all my clothes food, tools, small furry animals in. Its rather good. Nice and stable on the back. Plus you look like a mean ass courier too so car drivers give you more of a wide birth.




Crumpler bags are very nice indeed.

Buy one.


No comments: